BEAU CACAO's mission is to change the perception of chocolate, to revolutionise how we consume, know our ingredients, and connect people to nature's source. We want to preserve what we have today by consciously choosing.
In our exciting stage of growth, we want to hire the brightest people to help make this future a reality.
Chocolate is Changing®. Be Part of the Change.
So, you're excited about flavours?
We’re seeking a creative, meticulous Chocolatier to help BEAU CACAO develop and launch a range of exciting foods. Someone who can help turn recipe ideas into exceptional products using our seasonally made chocolate from Malaysian cocoa beans and seasonal produce from SE Asia.
You will need to be hands on and ensure those recipes are produced to a consistent, high quality standard.
As a member of the BEAU team, work ethics are crucial to the team’s success ensuring we deliver on our mission of making great chocolate.
Day to day job functions
- Understand chemistry of chocolate; Have significant industry experience working with cocoa, chocolate and couvertures, and coating pan experience is desirable.
- Previous experience making animal-free products.
- Be organised and independent.
- Innovating, decorating techniques.
- Knowledge of local, seasonal ingredients.
- Complete confectionery production.
- Maintain quality production, while maximise efficiency.
- Ensure production areas are clean and safe at all times.
- Complete work-area sanitation.
- Record relevant data.
- Occasionally working with tools such as knives, cutting equipment, mallets etc.
- Ability to help other team members in other areas, this could mean help lifting 62 kilogram bags of cocoa beans.
- Ingredients can be heavy in bulk too.
- Ability to stand and operate machines throughout the day whilst maintaining focus.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanour within a friendly, work environment.
- Hand-Eye coordination is a must.
Most importantly, About You
- You must love chocolate, with passion.
- Understanding of craft chocolate and prior experience within the Food Industry.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Team player. You’re confident, patient, a strong collaborator and communicator.
- You have empathy for our diverse World.
- Interested in food, and where your food comes from.
- Environmental awareness.
- Interested about agroforestry.
- Demonstrate mechanical skills.
- Be able to use a computer.
- Simple mathematical skills.
- Available to work weekends and overtime.
- English is required.
Apply for Chocolatier
We’re especially interested if you share our love of the cacao, our passion for quality and our desire to make a difference.